![]() |
Monday, February 14, 2011
Valentines' Day 2011
I was talking to my sister over the weekend and telling her that I really don't do anything for Valentines' Day. Well after breakfast was over I realized quickly that that wasn't true. It's those traditions that make the day whether I realized it or not. It's nothing big, no gifts, but boy do the kids LOVE every bit of the day. The sticky hearts on the bathroom mirror, the pink milk, the notes to them on their plates, nothing was said about the notes in the lunchbox, but I'm sure they enjoyed those. Benjamin asked the other day why we always have pancakes on holidays, my answer is they are the easiest to dye and shape into things. So already he was looking forward to those pink heart pancakes. Traditions can be hectic, time consuming, and stressful at times....but traditions are what brings us closer to each other. I am grateful for the traditions that I was raised with. I have a mom who was very much into holidays and making us feel special and loved. She continues to do things for us even though we are big kids now and out of the house, she still spoils us!! I want to be that kind of mom that brings smiles and love to my kids. I want my kids to know that they are special, that home is where they can be safe and if it be through some of these wacky traditions then bring them on!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You are awesome!
I hadn't checked blogs in forever! So fun to find these treasures and read up on my cute nieces and nephews! Love you guys!!
So true! Traditions like that are what your kids will remember as "their childhood"! You are such a good mom, Roberta! :)
Post a Comment