But the family time we had was great!! Reminding everyone on the way, "that today was Sunday, it was a different day, so stop fighting." Remember "today is sunday we are going to be calm." What was I thinking??? Well, as we drove we listened to church music, spotted the different colors and gorgeous waterfalls, needing to grab our jackets out of the car because it was chilly, and having the kids say, "Mom, this was so much fun".
I was once again reminded of my Heavenly Father's immense love for me. I love nature...it really does bring me peace. There was a stream running right through where we ate, it blocked out everything for me, it was just me and my family.
My family that brings me such ....ummm what is the right words, mixed love.. I always knew that motherhood, the stress and worry never ends. I mean I'm so glad my mom is still here for me. :) But as the kids are getting older, it really is that mental exhaustion rather than the physical. Well that too, as I try to stay awake to hear about the Stk. Dance etc. But my family is my purpose right now. Along with Jeff, we are here to teach them. Teaching them the importance of education, the gospel, relationships, kindness, service, money management, respect, honesty....the list goes on. I'm here to love them and make a safe place for them. Many times I get overwhelmed at it all, but then I find a note on my pillow, or have someone help me make dinner, or one wants to talk about their day, or an unexpected hug, or our hour in the canyon. These things bring me back to yes, I love my family and am so lucky to be their mom and wife!! I'm grateful for our Chili on a Chilly Day!!
I was once again reminded of my Heavenly Father's immense love for me. I love nature...it really does bring me peace. There was a stream running right through where we ate, it blocked out everything for me, it was just me and my family.
My family that brings me such ....ummm what is the right words, mixed love.. I always knew that motherhood, the stress and worry never ends. I mean I'm so glad my mom is still here for me. :) But as the kids are getting older, it really is that mental exhaustion rather than the physical. Well that too, as I try to stay awake to hear about the Stk. Dance etc. But my family is my purpose right now. Along with Jeff, we are here to teach them. Teaching them the importance of education, the gospel, relationships, kindness, service, money management, respect, honesty....the list goes on. I'm here to love them and make a safe place for them. Many times I get overwhelmed at it all, but then I find a note on my pillow, or have someone help me make dinner, or one wants to talk about their day, or an unexpected hug, or our hour in the canyon. These things bring me back to yes, I love my family and am so lucky to be their mom and wife!! I'm grateful for our Chili on a Chilly Day!!
1 comment:
I could not agree more. We went to the canyon last Monday and it reminded me of all the same things. Love you and your eloquence. Thanks for making me realize I am not the only one feeling those things about mother-hood...
Post a Comment