Monday, January 5, 2009

A New Year


                                                             

I'm not one of those goal setting people with the beginning of the new year.  So I don't have any promises for you that I'll do better keeping up with the blog.  In fact if anything, you might find that it gets worse here pretty soon - is that even possible??   We had a great Christmas vacation.  We started out taking the kids out of school a few days early and headed to California for my brother's wedding.  We got delayed a day in Vegas...they had 8 inches of snow and closed the freeway down.  That was quite the adventure!!  Thankfully we were able to stay with Jeff's brother and family.  A little delayed but we did arrive in time for the wedding.  It was nice to see old friends as we attended our previous ward and as that is where both Jeff and I both grew 
up.  
                            
We stayed with Jeff's parents and boy did the kids love that!  For Christmas there was 14 adults and 22 grandkids.  You can say it was a full house, but what fun!  We also spent time with my family as we were all there for the wedding. 

When we got home we were pleasantly surprised to all of the snow.  Not a day has gone by that they haven't been outside playing.  I feel so blessed to have the family that I have and gained as I got married.  For the strength that each brings to one another.   Our children are surrounded by love!  I'm grateful for the friendships that I have, for the laughter and tears that we share.  As a family we are looking forward to our new baby...the mystery of it all has some so anxious but soon we will know!

4 comments:

Laura Ross said...

Happy New Year! I am glad you made it safely to CA! I was worried when I saw the weather report, but happy you left a comment on my blog. I am glad you had fun on your trip!

Carey said...

It was nice to see you. The girls like being around big kids.

Anonymous said...

I always love to read your blogs. They make me teary-eyed sometimes!!

cej said...

I am grateful for your family too.